Homemade Salsa is a staple in our house. A friend shared this recipe with us nearly 10 years ago, we haven’t bought salsa since. It’s that good!
Besides the classic ‘chips and salsa,’ we love this salsa drizzled on our Blackened Rockfish Tacos.
- Food Processor or High-Powered Blender
- 2 medium sized Jalapenos - or pepper of choice
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Bunch Green Onions
- 3 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon - juiced
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Open jalapenos, remove seeds, and slice into small pieces.
- Quarter garlic cloves.
- Add jalapenos and garlic to food processor and pulse until minced.
- Cut green onions into 3-inch chunks and add to food processor. Pulse until chopped.
- Add 2 cans diced tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and cilantro. Pulse until cilantro is chopped.
- Add final can of diced tomatoes. Pulse.
- Add additional lemon juice and salt to taste.
Recipe By, Amelia Pollack
Amelia Pollack, a lifetime Alaskan, is an avid fisherman, hiker, hunter, gatherer, chef of wild-caught foods, & mother of 3.
Amelia and her husband, Chris, created Alaska Freediver as a way to share their love for Alaska’s bounty with all of you.
to the Alaska Freediver Blog
and have new posts delivered directly to your inbox.